Bertrand to the Villa

Friday 17 January 2014

Ryan Bertrand joins Aston Villa on loan until the end of the season.
"Ryan brings a lot of big-game experience, not only in the Barclays Premier League but even a Champions League final which Chelsea won, so he'll be really good for us,” Villa boss Paul Lambert told the club’s official website.


Bertrand joins Villa on loan
"The way he plays the game and as a person, too, he'll fit in here great and it will be good for him also to be playing games. He has real enthusiasm for the game and he's looking forward to playing here.

 



"We're grateful to Chelsea for allowing him to come here on loan and we know he'll be really good to work with."

Bertrand is chuffed by the move to Villa Park and is looking forward to regular playing time under Lambert.


"It's a fantastic opportunity for me to come here. Aston Villa is a fantastic club with a massive fanbase and a great history. To get this chance to come here and play some games will be a really good step for me," said the defender.


"Whenever I've played for Chelsea here at Villa Park the fans have been fantastic and have always created a great atmosphere. The pitch, too, has always been great, including when we played in the Community Shield here against Manchester City, and I'm looking forward to playing on it more regularly until the end of the season.


"I've had to adjust many times in my career having played under several managers, so I know I can settle in here quickly and I'm looking forward to being able to contribute to the team.


"Knowing some of the lads here, too, such as Fabian Delph, Marc Albrighton and a few others will really help, too, and I couldn't be more looking forward to playing my part here."



Is this a good move for Bertrand? Should he have been given more of a role at Chelsea?  I rate the guy and with so many foreign players playing in the premiership its good to see an English youngster is getting a chance.


Comments welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Is Moyes good enough for Man United?

Twitter

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner